This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Oklahoma University.
Located in Norman, Oklahoma, Oklahoma University is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. University of Oklahoma educates its students based on the mantra, “anything can grow if you have the drive to make it so.” Oklahoma University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States.
Facts and Rankings
Oklahoma University is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. University of Oklahoma holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- It is only a short 20-minute drive from the great city of Oklahoma City;
- Ranked the 97th best college based on the 2018 rankings of best National Universities;
- University of Oklahoma has been around for quite some time, as it was founded in 1890;
- University of Oklahoma is a relatively large school, with an enrollment of 21,844 undergraduate students and many graduate students as well.
Oklahoma University has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, University of Oklahoma has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- Aerospace Engineer,
- Computer Science,
- Data Science,
As you can see, Oklahoma University offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study. University of Oklahoma offers a wide variety of programs in the engineering field, and have many top ranked programs outside of the engineering field. The above listed programs are only a sample of what University of Oklahoma has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at Oklahoma University.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please email us at: email@example.com
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Oklahoma University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. You must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. The average GPA at University of Oklahoma is 3.62;
- Some of the different programs and/or majors, especially the graduate programs, may require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- Some of the programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- The average ACT for entrants into University of Oklahoma between a 23-289.
- The competitive GRE score for University of Oklahoma is above a 310 combined on the verbal and quantitative portions.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Oklahoma University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Oklahoma University. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for undergraduate students is $43,765.
Nomad Credit can Help With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. Nomad Credit can evaluate your profile to help you determine a potential university fit and speed up the admissions process so that you can get an admission decision in as little as days to weeks – all at no additional cost to you. Please don’t hesitate to email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!