Adelphi University International Student Profile
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Adelphi University. If you are in need of admissions help, please email us at email@example.com or visit us at our website.
Located in Garden City, New York, Adelphi University is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. Adelphi University offers the benefit of world-famous New York. Adelphi University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. Adelphi hosts a significant number of international students, who collectively make up over 3.1% of the student body.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Adelphi University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Adelphi. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for undergraduate students is $38,660 and the cost for international graduate students is approximately $43,741, but ultimately depends on the program.
Demographics and Location
Garden City, New York has an estimated population 22,698 people. This may seem like a small number; Garden City is only 19 miles away from New York City. Out of Garden City’s population, about 2.1%of the residents are Asian. There are many job opportunities in Garden City, and almost 34% of the population holds a graduate degree. Employers tend to hire locally, so this is a great thing for students who wish to stay in the New York City/Northeast area post-graduation. Asian students make up about 12% of the population at Adelphi.
General Profile of Local Economy
Garden City, New York has surprisingly diverse job economy. Garden City boasts a 28% rate of future job growth, which is right in line with the national average. About 13.8% of the job economy works in the scientific, technical services, and professional job sector which is well above the national average. Some fast-growing and large companies in New York include IBM, PepsiCo and Verizon. Last year, New York sponsored almost 55,000 work visas.
Facts and Rankings
Adelphi University is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. Adelphi holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- Adelphi is a smaller school, with right around 8,000 total students;
- Adelphi University graduates are employed a year after graduation at a rate of 82%;
- Adelphi University’s students represent over 55 different countries;
- Adelphi accepts about 74% of applicants.
Adelphi has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, Adelphi has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- National University #147
- Best Value #86;
- Nursing #115;
- Social Work #44.
As you can see, Adelphi University offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students. The above listed programs are only a sample of what Adelphi has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at Adelphi University.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Adelphi University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. The average GPA at Adelphi University is 3.5.
- Some of the different programs and/or majors, especially the graduate programs, may require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- Some of the programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 with an IELTS of 6.5.
- The average ACT for entrants into Adelphi University is between a 22-27.
- The minimum GRE varies by program, so please check with your desired program for more information.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
If you’d like help with the admissions process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you based on your profile. Paid services that we provide include profile evaluation, statement of purpose essay editing and revision, and visa training. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!