This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Oregon State University.
Located in Corvallis, Oregon, Oregon State is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. Currently celebrating its 150th anniversary, Oregon State encourages its students to find the answers to each and every challenge that is out there. It prides itself on being a top 1% university in the world. All of that, on top of the diverse and welcoming atmosphere, should only add to Oregon State’s appeal to international students.
Facts and Rankings
Oregon State University is an excellent place for international students to learn and grow while they receive their degrees. There are many unique facts and rankings about Oregon State University that should only add to its appeal for international students. These include:
- 12% of the student population is international;
- Ranked 145 among the best colleges in the United States;
- Many top ranked programs, including #4 in Robotics;
- Past alumni and faculty are responsible for many ground-breaking inventions, including the artificial heart valve.
As you can see, Oregon State is a university that has strives to change the world and encourages innovation. These facts and rankings should only add to Oregon State’s appeal to international students.
- Aerospace Studies,
- Biological Engineering,
- Biochemistry and Biophysics,
- Business Administration,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Computer Science
- Graphic Design,
- Materials Science,
- Manufacturing Engineering.
These are only a handful of the many programs that Oregon State University has to offer. They offer many programs in the STEM and business fields so that all of its students can receive a well-rounded education to help them succeed in their desired field after graduation. Check out the link provided above for a full list of all the programs that Oregon State University has to offer.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Oregon State University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official, certified transcripts from all secondary school and all official results from any leaving certificates or university entrance exams you have taken. If the materials are not in English, you will need to provide a certified, English translation of them. The average undergraduate GPA is 3.63.
- English proficiency scores. For the TOEFL, you must meet the following minimum: 80 iBT. The minimum IELTS score is 6.5.
- The average ACT score is a 25. The average SAT composite is 1180.
- The average GRE varies by program, but the average GRE for Oregon State is a combine 301 for verbal and quantitative sections.
Oregon State University does not say whether they require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, or essays. That likely depends on the school or program that you are applying to. Please double check with that school or program to see if it is required of you, and to see if any other information is needed.
Like most United States Schools, the tuition at Oregon State University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Oregon State. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The total cost and tuition will vary by situation and program, but the average tuition or out-of-state freshman is approximately $45,000.00 per year.
Are you currently applying to schools? Do you need admissions help or have questions regarding your qualifications? In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a good fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Visit us at the links above, or at www.nomadcredit.com for more information.