Auburn University International Student Profile
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Auburn University. If you are in need of admissions help, please email us at email@example.com or visit us at our website.
Located in Auburn, Alabama, Auburn College is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. Auburn University offers the benefit of a bustling, robust college town in a more rural setting. Auburn University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. Auburn hosts a significant number of international students, who collectively make up over 3.5% of the student body.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Auburn University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Auburn. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for undergraduate students is $28,040 and the cost for international graduate students is approximately $30,542, but ultimately depends on the program.
Demographics and Location
Alabama has an estimated population of approximately 4,903,151 people. This large population places Alabama right in the middle compared to the populations of the other states. Out of Alabama’s population, about 1.3%, or 62,815 of the residents are Asian. There are many job opportunities in Alabama, and about 9.5% of the Alabama population holds a graduate degree. Employers tend to hire locally, so this is a great thing for students who wish to stay in the South and/or Alabama area post-graduation. Asian students make up about 2% of the population at Auburn.
General Profile of Local Economy
Auburn, Alabama has a surprisingly diverse job economy. Auburn boasts a 39.1% rate of future job growth, which is well above the national average. About 5.5% of the job economy works in the scientific, technical services, and professional job sector. Some fast-growing and large companies in Birmingham/Alabama include BioHorizons, Alabama Power, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Last year, Alabama sponsored over 2,000 work visas.
Facts and Rankings
Auburn University is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. Auburn holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- Auburn is a historic school, as it has been around since 1856;
- Auburn University has almost 30,000 total students;
- Auburn University has over 140 different majors for its students to choose from, and 300 student organizations;
- Auburn is the top-ranked university in the state of Alabama.
Auburn has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, Auburn has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- National University #115;
- Best Business Schools #69;
- Biological Engineering #19;
- Electrical Engineering #62;
- Computer Science #91;
- Mathematics #94.
As you can see, Auburn University offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study. The above listed programs are only a sample of what Auburn has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at Auburn University.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Auburn University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. The average GPA at Auburn University is 3.74.
- Some of the different programs and/or majors, especially the graduate programs, may require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- Some of the programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 with an IELTS of 6.5.
- The average ACT for entrants into Auburn University is between a 24-30.
- The minimum GRE varies by program, so please check with your desired program for more information.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
If you’d like help with the admissions process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you based on your profile. Paid services that we provide include profile evaluation, statement of purpose essay editing and revision, and visa training. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!