Car Options For International Students
If you are a student in the United States looking to purchase a vehicle with an international student auto loan, there are many options available to you.
- The USA is home to some of the largest car manufacturers in the world such as Ford, Chevrolet, and General Motors.
- There are also many foreign options such as Toyota, Honda, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz.
Due to the overwhelming amount of options available to an international student purchasing a car, it is important to compare options to decide what car is the best for you.
- Your choice of car can vary significantly in price and may affect your ability to get an international student car loan and what rate of interest rate your loan would come with.
- Your choice of car should also be made with your university’s location in mind due to various weather and driving condition restraints. We will cover both of these topics in more depth below.
The location of an international student’s university has a big impact on what vehicle choice might be right for them.
- If their university is in a metropolitan area with good roads but difficult parking they might want a small city cruiser like a Mini Cooper.
- If their university is in a rural area with road that aren’t in as good condition they may want to look at vehicles with four-wheel drive such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- A four-wheel drive vehicle would also be beneficial if an international student’s university was in an area that is usually affected by winter weather. Snow and Ice make driving in some areas of the USA very dangerous, so it is important for international students to have a vehicle that can perform in these conditions.
- This is not an area of concern for international students who study in warmer climates where winter weather is not a threat.
- A student may even want to tailor the car that they decide to purchase with an international student auto loan to their warm climate and find a convertible to let the sunshine in.
City Car Options
Winter Weather 4×4 Options
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Toyota Land Cruiser
International students visiting the USA to attend university come from a variety of financial backgrounds. Depending on majors, performance, and job prospects; international students also have a variety of future financial outlooks.
For these reasons, international students should be smart and only take out an international student car loan for vehicles within their price range.
- Luxury vehicles such as those from Audi may need to wait until a student is more successful and is earning a high salary.
- A more economical option such as Kia may be the best option for an affordable car while the student is still in school and not earning a high salary.
Luxury Car Options
Nomad Credit Can Help
At Nomad Credit, we can help you find auto loan options that do not require credit history or a social security number as well as answer any questions or concerns you may have while studying abroad in the United States.
If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily help!