This is part of our series profiling different graduate degree programs and graduate schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley.
- Located in sunny Berkeley, California
- 282 students enrolled in the Full-Time MBA program
- An excellent choice for international students looking to receive their MBA in the United States.
- 39% international students, 42 countries represented
- This top ranked business school prides itself on “New thinking for the new economy.”
What sets Haas apart from other schools?
- The Haas School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the United States (behind University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School).
- Calls itself one of the world’s leading producers in new ideas and knowledge in all areas of business – two faculty members have won the Nobel Prize in Economics.
- The mission statement is “to develop leaders who redefine how we do business”.
- The history, legacy, and knowledge behind the Haas School of Business make it a great option for international students.
The Haas School of Business is both nationally and globally recognized as one of the top business schools.
According to US News, the Haas School of Business currently holds the following rankings:
- #5 in Entrepreneurship,
- #9 in Executive MBA,
- #7 in Finance,
- #6 in International,
- #9 in Management,
- #9 in Marketing,
- #2 in Nonprofit,
- #1 in Part-time MBA.
As you can see, the Haas School of Business holds a high amount of top-ten ranked programs. All of the ones listed above are top-ten, and some are even top-three. Please also remember that list is not exhaustive – these are only some of the rankings that the Haas School of Business holds.
The #1 ranking in Part-time MBA should especially be appealing to international students who cannot commit to a full-time MBA program.
- Full-Time MBA,
- Evening and Weekend MBA,
- MBA for Executives,
- Master of Financial Engineering,
- Executive Education,
- Accounting Program (BCPA).
As you can see, the Haas School of Business offers programs and degrees that can let you focus on a number of different focused business graduate degrees.
There is a wide variety of applicable programs for international students that can help you achieve your career goals in a number of different areas of business.
We suggest visiting the home page of the above listed programs to see which one best fits your goals.
Like most schools, the Haas School of Business has its own set of application requirements.
The Haas School of Business does not offer a set of general admission requirements, so for the purpose of this blog we will focus on the requirements for the MBA Program. The requirements are: