This is part of our series profiling different graduate degree programs and graduate schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the Darla Moore School of Business at The University of South Carolina.
- Located in charming Columbia, South Carolina
- 859 graduate students
- An excellent choice for international students looking to receive their MBA in the United States.
- This top-ranked business school prides itself on its world-class academics and global diversity.
- The Moore School prides itself on providing an excellent business education for over a century.
- Moore houses eight different research facilities so that it can keep up its worldwide reputation for international business.
- Moore hopes to educate future global leaders in global business and bring both South Carolina to the world and the world to South Carolina.
The Darla Moore School of Business at The University of South Carolina is both nationally and globally recognized as one of the top business schools.
The Moore School offers a wide variety of degrees and programs, as you will see below, but the most significant ranking that they hold, according to US News, is a #1 ranking in International Business. This ranking should especially be attractive to international students looking to receive their MBA from a top-ranked business school.
Degrees and Programs
The Moore School has a wide variety of different programs and degrees for international students to choose from:
- One-Year MBA,
- International MBA,
- Professional MBA,
- Master of Accountancy,
- Master of Economics,
- Master of Human Resources,
- Master of International Business.
As you can see, the Moore School of Business offers programs and degrees that can let you focus on a number of different focused business graduate degrees.
There is a wide variety of applicable programs for international students that can help you achieve your career goals in a number of different areas of business.
We suggest visiting the home page of the above listed programs to see which one best fits your goals.
Like most schools, the Moore School of Business has its own set of application requirements.
For the purpose of this blog, we will focus on the Moore School’s requirements for the Full-Time MBA program. The requirements are:
- Professional Work Experience. The Moore School requires you to have two or more years of full-time, post-bachelor, professional work experience before starting the program.
- The application asks for a 500-word statement of purpose that explains why you want an MBA. There is also a short essay question that will be provided to you on the application.
- An undergraduate degree is required for application. Typically, admitted applicants have between a 3.5 and 4.0 GPA, but those with under a 3.0 can still be considered for admissions. The average GPA for the current class is 3.8.
- Moore does not offer a minimum GMAT requirement, but the average GMAT is 670.
- Letters of Recommendation. It is encouraged to send the letters from a professional setting, if you can, but ones from an academic setting are also acceptable. They prefer to see letters from someone who has had significant interaction with you in a professional capacity.
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores. The minimum acceptable iBT TOEFL is a 95. The minimum acceptable score on the IELTS is a 7.0.
As you can see, the Moore School of Business has an expansive application process for international students with a lot of different parts.
Please visit the link provided above for a more detailed description of the application process.
For any questions regarding Moore’s application, please contact their office of admissions or visit their webpage for further details.
It is no secret that studying in the United States is expensive for international students, and many may have to look for international student loans. The average tuition for a full-time, out of state student is $71,580.
- However, it can pay off. According to US News, the average base salary for a Moore graduate is $93,356.
Let Nomad Credit Help You
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com and we will happily help!