This is part of our series profiling different graduate degree programs and graduate schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the Ohio State University College of Engineering.
Located in the scenic Midwestern city of Columbus, Ohio
- the Ohio State University College of Engineering is an excellent option for international students looking to study in the United States.
- In the United States, Ohio State is famous for its powerhouse basketball and American football teams, but their academic programs are not to be overlooked.
The College of Engineering at Ohio State University boasts a handful of rankings, solidifying it as a great option for a graduate degree in engineering. Some of these include:
- #17 for United States public universities,
- #13 for research and development expenditures,
- #7 in private support.
Departments and Programs
At Ohio State University, there are approximately 59,482 student enrolled, both graduate and undergraduate. The College of Engineering has an enrollment of 1,849. The current percentage of international students at the College of Engineering is 9.5%, or about 174 international students. Prospective international students to the College of Engineering can choose to study from the following departments:
- Center for Aviation Studies,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering,
- Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering,
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Electrical and Computer Engineering,
- Engineering Education,
- Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering,
- Integrated Systems Engineering,
- Knowlton School of Architecture,
- Materials Science and Engineering,
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
As you can see, this is a wide variety of different department for an international student to choose from. Each department offers different degrees, so we suggest you visit each department’s homepage in order to see what degrees they offer and if that aligns with the degree you aspire to achieve.
Like almost every other graduate program admissions, the College of Engineering at Ohio State University has a number of general requirements, with more specific requirements dependent on the program/department you choose to apply to. These general requirements include: