This is part of our series profiling different graduate degree programs and graduate schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
Located in sunny, vibrant Los Angeles California
- the University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering is an excellent option for international students looking to study engineering in the United States.
- The University of Southern California has a lot to offer in every aspect, from academics to community.
- The Viterbi School of Engineering prides itself on its local and international acclaim for innovation and solving real world needs
- As of now, there are 5,600 students enrolled in the Viterbi School of Engineering.
- USC as a whole has a very large amount of international students.
- It currently has the second largest international student population in the United States.
- According to US News, The Viterbi School of Engineering is currently ranked as the 11th best engineering school in the United States.
Departments and Programs
The Viterbi School of Engineering offers a number of different departments and programs. These include:
- Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering,
- Astronautical Engineering,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science,
- Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering,
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering,
- Engineering Writing Program,
- Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering,
- Information and Technology Program.
As you can see, the Viterbi School of Engineering offers a wide and diverse array of departments to cover the broad engineering field. Along with the departments listed above, they also offer specialized graduate programs, which include:
- Financial Engineering Program,
- Green Technologies Program,
- Health, Technology, and Engineering,
- Informatics Program,
- Progressive Degree Program,
- Systems Architecting and Engineering Program.
We suggest visiting the homepage of each department to find which one fits your academic and career goals best. It is also a good idea to familiarize yourself with what the potential course load and workload would be like to make sure that it is something you are comfortable doing.
Unlike most of the other engineering schools, the Viterbi School of Engineering does not have a set list of general application requirements. However, below you will find some tips and answers to common questions: