An Overview of Colorado State University for International Students
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Colorado State University.
Located in adventurous Fort Collins, Colorado, Colorado State University is an excellent option for international students considering studying abroad in the United States. Offering the opportunity for international students to receive both undergraduate and graduate degrees, Colorado State University can help achieve a number of career goals. Colorado State wants to get the most out of each student in order to promote a culture of innovation.
Facts and Rankings
Colorado State University is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. Colorado State holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- #1 university for international student satisfaction in 2013;
- Ranked among the top 100 universities in America in 2014;
- Employ an entire international staff to help assimilate international students to the United States.
Colorado State holds many different rankings and recognitions from a number of reputable institutions. As you can see, Colorado State University has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Information Systems,
- Chemical and Biological Engineering,
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Engineering Science and International Studies.
As you can see, Colorado State offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study. The above listed programs are only a sample of what Colorado State has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at Colorado State.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Colorado State has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required.
- A Personal Statement describing who you are and what your goals are.
- At least one recommendation. It is preferred that tit comes from a teacher or counselor, but other sources are acceptable as well.
- A TOEFL/IELTS score is strongly recommended, but you can still be considered for admission without one. Colorado State does not offer a required minimum for the tests.
- ACT/SAT Scores. The average ACT score is a 25 and the average SAT math is 572.
- For graduate programs, the average GRE is 159.
Colorado State also accepts applications through the common, so that may be something to consider if you are an international student planning on applying to apply to a number of schools.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Colorado State can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Colorado State. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The total cost and tuition will vary by situation and program, but the average total cost of attendance for out-of-state freshman is approximately $44,000.00.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding the application requirements and admission requirements for international students can be tough, but getting an international student loan can be even tougher. In addition to admissions help, Nomad Credit is happy to help you navigate the difficult process and help you find the potential loan options available to you.
Nomad Credit can help you find your funding options. Please visit us at www.nomadcredit.com to search for your student loan (also known as education loan) options Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.