An Overview of Florida International University for International Students
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Florida International University.
Located in sunny Miami, Florida, Florida International University is an excellent option for international students looking to receive a master’s degree in the United States. Boasting top-tier facilities, Florida International is an excellent research institution, with many of its schools exhibiting innovative research initiatives. Florida International has pushed its students to solve some of the greatest challenges facing the world for over four decades. Florida International University is an excellent option for international students looking to receive a master’s degree in the United States.
Facts and Rankings
Florida International University is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. Florida International holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- #2 Model United Nations team in the United States;
- Miami, where Florida International is located, is home to over 150 ethnicities and 60 languages;
- The fourth largest public university (enrollment wise) in the United States with over 55,000 students enrolled;
- Operates the world’s only underwater ocean laboratory.
Florida International has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, Florida International has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- Athletic Training,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Biomedical Sciences,
- Civil Engineering,
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Information Systems,
- Materials Science and Engineering,
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Mechanical Engineering.
As you can see, Florida International offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study and areas of study that typically involve plenty of research. The above listed programs are only a sample of what Florida International has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at Florida International.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please visit us at: www.nomadcredit.com/admissions-help
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Florida International has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required;
- Most of the programs require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- A personal statement describing your past experience, how it relates to the specific program, and your future goals and ambitions.
- A resume that details your past experience, both academic and work.
- Each program may have a different minimum required GRE. For example, the Information Systems master program requires a minimum of 297 on the GRE.
- A minimum of 80 on the TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Florida International can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Florida International. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The tuition for graduate students vary by program, but generally speaking, the average tuition is about $18,000.00.
Let Nomad Credit Help You With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Services that we provide include profile evaluation, application essay editing and revision, and express document shipping. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!