An Overview of Kansas State University for International Students
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Kansas State University.
Located in the Manhattan, Kansas, Kansas State University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. Kansas State prides itself on its diverse population of students, and the sense of family that is instilled across campus. The student population shows itself as one when performing community service together, all the way to rooting for the school’s many sports teams together.
Facts and Rankings
Kansas State offers an excellent place to learn and grow for international students. There are many unique facts and rankings about Kansas State which should only add to its appeal for international students. These include:
- #12 in improving critical thinking schools;
- Referred to as the ‘Silicon Valley’ for biodefense;
- An undergraduate population of approximately 20,000 students;
- Has been around since 1863;
- Offer 250+ undergraduate majors and programs.
As you can see, Kansas State holds a reputation for its innovation, and its STEM programs seem to be top of the line. These facts and rankings should only add to Kansas State’s appeal to international students.
- Architectural Engineering,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Computer Engineering,
- Industrial Engineering,
- Management Information Systems,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
These are only a few of the undergraduate programs Kansas State has to offer. They offer many programs both in the STEM field(s) and outside of them so that its students can receive a world-class, well rounded education. Check out the link provided above for a full list of the undergraduate programs offered at Kansas State.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Kansas State has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- An application fee of $80;
- A minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a four-point scale. Please note that some programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0. The average GPA is a 3.49.
- SAT and ACT scores are not required but help build a strong application. It is strongly encouraged that you provide these scores for engineering programs. The average SAT score is 1160, and the average ACT is a 24.
- English proficiency tests are also not required, but it does help build your application to provide them. However, if you do wish to provide proof of English proficiency, Kansas State does accept the following: iBT TOEFL of 79, IELTS of 6.5, or a score of 23 or more on the English portion of the ACT.
Kansas State does not say whether they require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, or any essays. However, before applying to your prospective program, we strongly recommend reaching out to the office of admissions to make sure that you have completed the necessary materials in order to be considered for admission. Also, please note that Kansas State does not accept the common application.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Kansas State can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Kansas State. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The total cost and tuition will vary by situation and program, but the average total cost of attendance for out-of-state freshman is approximately $20,000.00.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please email us at: email@example.com
Understanding the application requirements and admission requirements for international students can be tough, but getting an international student loan can be even tougher. In addition to admissions help, Nomad Credit is happy to help you navigate the difficult process and help you find the potential loan options available to you.
Nomad Credit can help you find your funding options. Please visit us at www.nomadcredit.com to search for your student loan (also known as education loan) options Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.