International Admission Requirements for George Mason University
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile George Mason University.
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. George Mason is a new university, but that does not keep it from being recognized nationally as a great school. George Mason University has committed itself to creating a better world, and its proximity to the capital of the United States helps it further that mission, and can be a great option for international students interested in politics.
Facts and Rankings
George Mason University is an excellent place for international students to learn, grow, and receive their degrees. There are many unique facts and rankings about George Mason University that should only add to its appeal for international students. These include:
- #140 best ranked national school;
- Founded in 1972 making it one of the newest universities in the country;
- Undergraduate enrollment is approximately 24,000
- Over 500 clubs and organizations;
- The most diverse school in Virginia.
As you can see, George Mason is a newer university that prides itself on its commitment to global help and diversity. These facts and rankings should only add to George Mason’s appeal to international students.
- Applied Science,
- Applied Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering,
- International Business,
- Web Design.
These are only a handful of the many programs that George Mason University has to offer. They offer many programs in the STEM and business fields so that all of its students can receive a well-rounded education to help them succeed after graduation and reach their goals. Check out the link provided above for a full list of all the programs that George Mason University has to offer.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please visit us at: www.nomadcredit.com/admissions-help
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, George Mason University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official, certified transcripts from all secondary school and all official results from any leaving certificates or university entrance exams you have taken. If the materials are not in English, you will need to provide a certified, English translation of them.
- SAT/ACT scores. The average ACT range is between 23-28, and the average SAT for Math is 530-560 and for Reading 520-620.
- For undergraduate applicants, a minimum TOEFL iBT of 80, and for graduate applicants a minimum TOEFL iBT of 88 in each section. Or, a minimum of 6.5 in IELTS. Please note that there may be different minimum scores for different programs.
- The average GPA for incoming freshman is 3.66.
- The average GRE is 315.
George Mason University does not say whether they require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, or essays. That likely depends on the school or program that you are applying to. Please double check with that school or program to see if it is required of you, and to see if any other information is needed.
Like most United States Schools, the tuition at George Mason University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Kansas State. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The total cost and tuition will vary by situation and program, but the average tuition for out-of-state freshman is approximately $11,000.00 per semester.
Let Nomad Credit Help You With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Services that we provide include profile evaluation, application essay editing and revision, and express document shipping. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!