This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Mississippi State University.
Located in Starkville, Mississippi, Mississippi State University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. With a mission focused on individual growth, Mississippi State has created a culture of individual growth. Mississippi State University is a great place for international students to live and learn while studying abroad in the United States.
Facts and Rankings
Mississippi State University is an excellent place for international students to learn and grow while they receive their degrees. There are many unique facts and rankings about Mississippi State University that should only add to its appeal for international students. These include:
- MSU’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation helps young entrepreneurs launch companies;
- The school was founded in 1878;
- There are three key components to MSU: learning, research, and service;
- MSU is one of the leaders in unmanned aircraft research and development;
- Rank in the top three in cybersecurity courses for its students.
As you can see, Mississippi State University has an extremely strong reputation when it comes to public health and serving the community. These facts and rankings should only add to MSU’s appeal to international students.
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Agriculture and Biological Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Electrical and Computer Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Quantitative Analysis and Business Law.
These are only a handful of the many programs that Mississippi State University has to offer. They offer many programs in the STEM and business fields so that all of its students can receive a well-rounded education to help them succeed in their desired field after graduation. Check out the link provided above for a full list of all the programs that Mississippi State University has to offer.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please visit us at: www.nomadcredit.com/admissions-help
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Mississippi State University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official, certified transcripts from all secondary school and all official results from any leaving certificates or university entrance exams you have taken. If the materials are not in English, you will need to provide a certified, English translation of them. The average undergraduate GPA is 3.32.
- English proficiency scores. For the TOEFL, you must meet the following minimum: 71 iBT. The minimum IELTS score is 6.0.
- The minimum ACT score is a 20. The minimum SAT is 1020.
- If you are entering a program that requires a GRE, please check with that program to see the average and minimum required score as they all vary.
Mississippi State University does not say whether they require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, or essays. That likely depends on the school or program that you are applying to. Please double check with that school or program to see if it is required of you, and to see if any other information is needed.
Like most United States Schools, the tuition at Mississippi State University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Mississippi State University. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The total cost and tuition will vary by situation and program, but the average tuition or out-of-state freshman is approximately $38,410.00 per year.
Let Nomad Credit Help You With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Services that we provide include profile evaluation, application essay editing and revision, and express document shipping. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!