This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
University of Alabama Birmingham
Located in Birmingham, Alabama, the University of Alabama at Birmingham is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. This public research university has been around since the 1930’s and has a reputation for public health. This university is also very focused and conscious of its global impact. The University of Alabama at Birmingham is a great place for international students to learn and grow while studying abroad in the United States.
Facts and Rankings
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is an excellent place for international students to learn and grow while they receive their degrees. There are many unique facts and rankings about the University of Alabama at Birmingham that should only add to its appeal for international students. These include:
- Approximately 20,00 students enrolled, with 4% being international students;
- 10 programs in the top 25 of US News’ “America’s Best Graduate Schools” List;
- Delivered almost 4,500 babies at the UAB hospital in the past year;
- The 2017 freshman class was its largest ever, at 2,299 students.
As you can see, the University of Alabama at Birmingham has an extremely strong reputation when it comes to public health and serving the community. These facts and rankings should only add to UAB’s appeal to international students.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham offers a wide variety of programs to international students.
There are many undergraduate and graduate programs for international students to choose from. These include:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Electrical and Computer Engineering,
- Management, Information Systems & Quantitative Methods,
- Materials Science and Engineering,
These are only a handful of the many programs that the University of Alabama at Birmingham has to offer. They offer many programs in the medical, STEM and business fields so that all of its students can receive a well-rounded education to help them succeed in their desired field after graduation. Check out the link provided above for a full list of all the programs that the University of Alabama at Birmingham has to offer.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please visit us at: www.nomadcredit.com/admissions-help
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, the University of Alabama at Birmingham has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- A completed UAB application;
- Official, certified transcripts from all secondary school and all official results from any leaving certificates or university entrance exams you have taken. If the materials are not in English, you will need to provide a certified, English translation of them. The average undergraduate GPA is 3.66.
- English proficiency scores. For the TOEFL, you must meet the following minimum: 77 iBT. The minimum IELTS score is 6.0.
- The average ACT score is a 25. The average SAT composite is 1200.
- If you are entering a program that requires a GRE, please check with that program to see the average and minimum required score as they all vary.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham does not say whether they require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, or essays. That likely depends on the school or program that you are applying to. Please double check with that school or program to see if it is required of you, and to see if any other information is needed.
Like most United States Schools, the tuition at the University of Alabama at Birmingham can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend the University of Alabama at Birmingham. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The total cost and tuition will vary by situation and program, but the average tuition or out-of-state freshman is approximately $40,226.00 per year.
Let Nomad Credit Help You With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Services that we provide include profile evaluation, application essay editing and revision, and express document shipping. Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!