This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile Saint Louis University.
Located in St. Louis, Missouri, Saint Louis University is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. Established in 1818, St. Louis University, or SLU, is one of the oldest universities in the United States. Saint Louis University is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States.
Facts and Rankings
Saint Louis University is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. SLU holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- A campus in Madrid, Spain;
- Ranked among the top 100 research universities in the United States;
- Over 20 graduate and undergraduate programs ranked in the top 100 across the United States;
- There are students from over 78 different countries.
Saint Louis University has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, SLU has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Engineering Physics,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Nuclear Medicine Technology.
As you can see, Saint Louis University offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study and areas of study that typically involve plenty of research. The above listed programs are only a sample of what SLU has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at Saint Louis University.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please visit us at: www.nomadcredit.com/admissions-help
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, Saint Louis University has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. The average GPA at SLU is 3.93;
- Most of the graduate programs may require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- Graduate programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- Minimum iBT TOEFL of 80, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- The average ACT for entrants into SLU is a 28.
- Each graduate department has a different minimum GRE (if any). Please check with that specific program for GRE requirements.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at Saint Louis University can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Saint Louis University. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for undergraduate students is about $43,000.00.
Let Nomad Credit Help You With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Services that we provide include profile evaluation, application essay editing and revision, and express document shipping. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!