An Overview of University of Tampa for International Students
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the University of Tampa.
Located in Tampa, Florida, the University of Tampa is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States and receive a master’s degree. Boasting a diverse student population from over 150 countries, the University of Tampa prides itself as one of the top medium sized universities. University of Tampa is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States.
Facts and Rankings
The University of Tampa is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. UT holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- The student body is made up of 8,913 students;
- There are over 200 areas of study;
- A 17:1 student to faculty ratio;
- $575 million in new facilities and technology.
The University of Tampa has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, UT has a solid reputation in the United States and a lot of new facilities, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- MBA programs,
- Assistant Medicine,
- Instructional Design and Technology,
As you can see, University of Tampa offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study and areas of study that typically involve plenty of research. The above listed programs are only a sample of what UT has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at University of Tampa.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please visit us at: www.nomadcredit.com/admissions-help
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, University of Tampa has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. The average GPA at UT is 3.40;
- The completion of two reference forms (found on the application page) completed by individuals who are familiar with your professional background.
- Graduate programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- Minimum iBT TOEFL of 90, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- Each graduate department has a different minimum GRE and GMAT (if any). Please check with that specific program for GRE and GMAT requirements.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at University of Tampa can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend University of Tampa. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for graduate students is about $25,500.00.
Let Nomad Credit Help You With Admissions
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. In conjunction with our partners, Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you and potentially expedite the admissions process so that you can get a speedy decision – all at no additional cost to you. Services that we provide include profile evaluation, application essay editing and revision, and express document shipping. Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!