Many international students come to the U.S. to attain a Master of Science in Computer Science. A specialization of Computer Science that is gaining traction and being pursued is Artificial Intelligence.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Simply put, Artificial Intelligence is intelligence demonstrated by machines.
- A subset of computer science, the field of Artificial Intelligence is the study of “intelligent agents”: any machine that observes its environment and initiates steps that optimize its chance of success at some goal or task.
- Informally, Artificial Intelligence is applied when machines or computers mimic cognitive functions or behaviors that would typically be associated with a human mind, such as problem solving, learning or pattern recognition.
Artificial Intelligence continues to grow in step with other advances in technology.
- Many universities are offering programs to provide companies like Google and IBM valuable team members to further their Artificial Intelligence endeavors.
- A close cousin to Artificial Intelligence is Machine Learning, which we profiled the top programs in Machine Learning last month.