Table of Contents
- Overview of MS in Data Analytics in the USA
- Course curriculum for MS in Data Analytics in the US
- Top universities in the US for MS in Data Analytics
- Eligibility criteria for MS in Data Science in the USA
- Documents required for MS in Data Analytics in the USA
- MS in Data Analytics in the USA – the cost of study
- Job prospects and salary in the USA for MS in Data Analytics
- Advantages of studying MS in Data Analytics in the USA
- Frequently asked questions
With the growth of AI, technologies, and industrial developments, data skills have become important in diverse industries, such as finance, commerce, education, production, etc. Academies across the world started introducing the most modern courses to train students with job-ready data skills. MS in Data Analytics is an offspring of that industrial requirement for people with advanced data skills.
The US is a leader in technology and modernity, which is why it is a top destination for learning data analytics and obtaining a Master’s degree. International students can successfully apply to study MS in Data Analytics in the US if they know the ins and outs, and this blog throws light on that.
Overview of MS in Data Analytics in the USA
The Master of Science in Data Analytics program in the USA is a 30 – 45 credit course that provides you with advanced data skills for the industry. By the time of your course completion, you will learn to develop algorithms and computer programs for the discovery of information from large amounts of data. You will learn in-depth about the architecture of programs and algorithm development to serve the needs of the growing world of technology.
Course curriculum for MS in Data Analytics in the US
The course curriculum for MS in Data Analytics in the US is designed by each university offering the course. The list below shows modules typically included in the course curriculum of US universities.
- Academic Integrity Module
- Foundations of Data Analytics
- Data Analytics
- Multivariate Analytics
- Time Series Analytics
- Capstone Project
- Programming and Data Structures
- Data Science Tools and Programming
- Applied Machine Learning
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods
- Data Science
- ICT Practices
- Data Security and Privacy
- Artificial Intelligence
- Predictive Analytics
- Project Management and Research Methods
- Software Practice for Big Data Analytics
Note that all these modules are not included in one program, and the design and selection of modules for MS in Data Analytics is up to the university’s discretion.
There will be electives in the final semester of your MS in America. You can choose an elective that aligns with your career goals and personal interests in the field.
Top universities in the US for MS in Data Analytics
The first stage of your admission processing is finding the universities for MS in Data Analytics in the US. American universities offer advanced specializations to enhance your learning and to help you discover and explore your personal interests in the field.
The table below shows the top universities offering MS in Data Analytics in America and the tuition fee for foreigners:
|Carnegie Mellon University
|Georgia State University
|George Washington University
|San Diego State University
|Louisiana State University
|George Mason University
Eligibility criteria for MS in Data Science in the USA
For admissions to US universities for MS in Data Analytics, international students must possess a bachelor’s degree in IT, science, statistics, or related fields and fulfill the following requirements:
- Students must possess knowledge of statistics, programming, and probability in the application for MS in Data Science
- Students from other fields of study must have valid work experience to be considered for admission
Foreigners wishing to study in America must submit many important documents to complete their admission process as given in the section below.
Documents required for MS in Data Analytics in the USA
When you apply for an MS in Data Analytics in the US, make sure you possess the following documents:
- A duly filled online application form
- 3 – 4 years bachelor’s degree certificate
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or 3.0, depending on the university’s conditions
- GRE scorecard with a minimum of 290 marks
- Official transcripts
- Minimum 2 – 3 letters of recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose (SoP) that explains your motivation, future plans, and learning potential
- Proof of English language proficiency – IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
- Your resume
- Visa documents – passport, proof of funds, Form I-20, DS-160, etc.
MS in Data Analytics in the USA – the cost of study
The cost of studying MS in Data Analytics in America varies with universities and is influenced by the location, your spending habits, and other factors. Foreign students need to check your university’s website and see how much it would cost to study MS in Data Analytics there, including the living expenses.
- Generally, you need at least 25,000 – 65,000 USD as the tuition fee for an MS in Data Analytics in the US.
- The average cost of living in the US varies from 10,000 – 18,000 USD per year for international students.
Job prospects and salary in the USA for MS in Data Analytics
Data analytics offers numerous job opportunities as the field is fast-growing. Data analytics is often considered the crucial aspect of business strategy to solve complex questions. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for data professionals will grow 27.9% by 2026 with more than 50,000 new jobs. The median salary for data analytics jobs was 100,910 USD in 2021 – 2022.
The table below shows the top jobs for MS in Data Analytics in the US and the median salary, according to Glassdoor data.
|Business system analyst
|Business intelligence analyst
|IT Systems Analyst
|Corporate Strategy Analyst
|Social Media Data Analyst
Advantages of studying MS in Data Analytics in the USA
Studying MS in Data Analytics in the US allows you to enjoy a world-class education that has been ranked by top-ranking bodies in the world. As US universities offer placement to top companies, you have more chances of getting a highly-paid job after completing your course. The following are some advantages of studying MS in Data analytics in America:
- You will become a highly skilled problem solver: As mentioned, the top-notch academic system in the US will teach you relevant skills and updated technology in the field, resulting in you becoming a highly skilled problem solver. Many American universities have tie-ups with companies, and, while studying, you will get opportunities to participate in projects for top companies.
- Flipped classroom environment: The classroom environment in America focuses more on student engagement. You will be allowed to be involved in various constructive activities that would sharpen your skills and learnings in Data Analytics.
- Work-integrated learning environment: The work-integrated approach is followed in US universities, and it will help you understand your industry better and find out your personal interests. You will get opportunities to work while studying and improve your skills.
Thus, studying MS in Data Analytics in the US is a good career choice for foreigners with ample job opportunities in various fields. For both working professionals and fresh graduates, an MS degree in Data Analytics from an American university will boost career prospects and make them leaders in their field of work. Find out which specializations suit you the best and start preparing to get admission to your dream university.
For your preparations, get help from Nomad Credit. Our counselors will evaluate your profile and provide you with university shortlisting, guidance on education loan options, SOP writing assistance, US student visas, and so on, at zero cost to you. Check the link right now and get in touch – let’s begin your dream career journey!
Frequently asked questions
Can international students get scholarships for MS in Data Analytics in the US?
Foreigners can get scholarships in America and complete their studies. For MS in Data Analytics scholarship options, get in touch with your department and follow their guidelines. Explore the link and see the details of scholarships in the US for international students.
Is an MS in Data Analytics in the US worthy for students?
Yes. An MS in Data Analytics in America will improve your skills and help you get a top-paying job. If you are passionate about research in data analytics, you can also pursue doctoral courses in the US after completing your MS.
What are the MS in Data Analytics courses in the US?
MS in Data Analytics is a Master’s degree in the US that helps you explore advanced data skills. MS in Data Analytics courses are interrelated with engineering, business, pure sciences, economics, etc., and you can choose to study at a university that offers the course you need.
What is the minimum IELTS score required to study in the US for an MS in Data Analytics?
The minimum score required for an MS in Data Analytics in the US varies with universities, and you are advised to refer to the university website. In general, an overall IELTS score of 5 – 6.5 bands is the minimum requirement.
Is the GRE mandatory to study in the US for an MS in Data Analytics?
GRE scores are required to study in America for an MS in Data Analytics. However, there are some US universities where your GRE scores are not mandatory. You need to check the university websites to confirm GRE requirements before you start with your application.
Does MS in Data Analytics in the US require coding skills?
The requirement of coding skills for MS in Data Analytics is decided by universities in the US. Generally, many American universities ask for coding skills from the students for MS in data-related subjects.