An Overview of DePaul University for International Students
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile DePaul University.
Located in historic, busy Chicago, DePaul University is an excellent option for international students studying abroad in the United States looking to study in the one of the world’s busiest and most diverse cities. DePaul offers a myriad of both undergraduate and graduate degrees that can fit a number of career goals of international students. DePaul prides itself as being the nation’s largest private university where the faulty member’s number one priority is teaching.
Facts and Rankings
DePaul University is the recipient of many high rankings and has proven its commitment to diversity year after year, which should especially appeal to potential international students. Some of these rankings and facts include:
- Representation by 114 countries;
- A 15:1 faculty to student ratio;
- 81% of undergraduates employed within six months of graduation and 90% of graduate students employed within six months of graduation;
- Ranked among the United State’s most innovative universities and among its best universities by US News.
DePaul also boasts numerous rankings and different recognitions in a number of fields, including technology, communications, business, and arts. As you can see, DePaul has a solid reputation in the United States and Chicago, which only adds to its appeal to international students.
DePaul offers a wide variety of programs to international students. There are many to choose from, in both a graduate and undergraduate capacity. Some of these programs and undergraduate majors include:
- Actuarial Science,
- Business Administration,
- Communication and Technology,
- Compute Science,
- Cyber security,
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Wealth Management.
As you can see, DePaul offers a wide variety of majors and programs that can appeal to international students. In fact, they offer over 300 combined undergraduate and undergraduate programs. Please visit their website for a full list.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, DePaul has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These undergraduate requirements include:
- Official transcripts from any secondary school, college, university, and/or technical school that you have ever attended. These must include the courses you have taken, grades you received, and any certificates or degrees received. If they are not in English, a certified translation is required.
- A minimum iBT TOEFL score of 80, with no subsection lower than a 17 OR a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS;
- A minimum score of 550 on the evidence based reading and writing score on the SAT;
- If you took the ACT, then a minimum reading score of 18 and a minimum English score of 20.
- Please note that most of the programs at DePaul do not require a GRE score to be submitted.
DePaul also does its applications through the common application, so that may be something to consider if you are an international student planning on applying to more than one school. Also, if your English proficiency is not quite at the minimums that DePaul has implemented, they do offer conditional admissions to international students. If you wish to apply to one of the graduate programs and would like more information, please follow this link.
Like most United States colleges, the tuition at DePaul is expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying. If you need help funding your education, you should consider international student loans to help fund your education. The tuitions at DePaul vary by college, but the 2018 tuition for the Business and Computing school is approximately $40,000.00 annually.
If you’d like help with the admissions process please email us at: email@example.com
Understanding the application requirements and admission requirements for international students can be tough, but getting an international student loan can be even tougher. In addition to admissions help, Nomad Credit is happy to help you navigate the difficult process and help you find the potential loan options available to you.
Nomad Credit can help you find your funding options. Please visit us at www.nomadcredit.com to search for your student loan (also known as education loan) options Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.