This is part of our series profiling different graduate degree programs and graduate schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile the Duke Pratt School of Engineering.
Part of the scenic, historic Duke University in Durham, North Carolina
- the Pratt School of Engineering can be a great option for international students looking to study engineering in a graduate capacity.
- In the United States, Duke is mostly known as a collegiate basketball powerhouse, but Duke serves as an academic powerhouse as well.
The Pratt School of Engineering is recognized highly through many different rankings from many different publications and institutions throughout the United States and the world. Some of these rankings include:
- #3 in the world in biomedical engineering,
- #6 in the United States in graduate biomedical engineering,
- #6 in the United States and #11 in the world in environmental science and engineering,
- #29 School for graduate engineering,
- #2 best online engineering program.
Again, these are just a handful of the many rankings that the Duke Pratt School of Engineering has received from many different sources.
Degrees and Programs
The Pratt School offers masters degrees in the following areas:
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Civil and Environmental Engineering,
- Electrical and Computer Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science,
- Master of Engineering Management.
Each type of degree (for example, PHD or MS) has a different application. It is suggested that you contact the admissions office for the specific program and degree you wish to pursue in order to get more specific application requirements. However, each application requires the same documents and costs a one-time-fee of $85 US dollars. The items required for international student application are: