This is part of our university program profile series. Today we look at Computer Science programs with specialization in Machine Learning.
Many international students come to the U.S. to attain a Master of Science in Computer Science. Many schools are offering Machine Learning programs as a specialization in Computer Science.
What is Machine Learning?
- Machine Learning is a type of Artificial Intelligence that allows computers to learn on their own and change when presented with new data without explicitly programming them to do so.
- Many universities are offering programs to provide companies like Google and IBM team members to further their Machine Learning endeavors.
The first PhD program in Machine Learning was launched at Carnegie Mellon in 2002. Since then, many programs have followed suite.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of U.S. universities that offer a specialization in Machine Learning within their Computer Science Program:
- University of Washington
- Georgia Tech
- Toyota Technical Institute of Chicago
- Wisconsin – Madison
- Duke University
- Texas – Austin
- UMass – Amherst
- UC – Santa Cruz
- John Hopkins
- UC – San Diego
- Southern California
Please do your own research for each individual school to make sure that a specific Machine Learning program is the best fit for you. This can also help you find some of the top machine learning programs. It can depend upon a lot of factors such as:
- relationships with companies,
- school culture,
- faculty members,
- research funding, etc.
We’ve found one of the best ways to know if the program is a good fit is to get to know the faculty that you would be learning and working with during your time at the program.
- Please contact the admissions of the universities that you are interested in exploring to get the most up-to-date and accurate information about their programs and the process of applying.
We will have more in depth profiles of individual Masters in Computer Science programs at these schools in the future. Which ones do you want to see the most? Please let us know in the comments.
As always, please visit us at www.nomadcredit.com to search for your financial product options, including education loans and student health insurance. Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.