University of Dayton International Student Profile
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile University of Dayton. If you are in need of admissions help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our website.
Located in Dayton, Ohio, University of Dayton is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. Dayton offers all the benefits of a bustling, robust college town. University of Dayton is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. Dayton hosts a significant number of international students, who collectively make up over 7% of the student body.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at University of Dayton can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Dayton. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for undergraduate students is $42,900 and the cost for international graduate students is approximately $17,181, but ultimately depends on the program.
Demographics and Location
Dayton has an estimated population of approximately 140,000 people. This large population places Dayton as the 6th largest city in Ohio. Out of Dayton’s population, about 1%, of the residents are Asian. There are many job opportunities in Ohio in general, and about 6.5% of the Dayton population holds a graduate degree. Employers tend to hire locally, so this is a great thing for students who wish to stay in Ohio or the Midwest area post-graduation. Asian students make up about 1% of the population at Dayton
General Profile of Local Economy
Dayton, Ohio has a surprisingly diverse job economy. Dayton has a 27.6% rate of future job growth, which is right in line with the national average. About 4.1% of the job economy works in the scientific, technical services, and professional job sector. Some fast-growing and large companies in Ohio include Kroger, P&G, and Goodyear. Last year, Ohio sponsored over 15,000 work visas.
Facts and Rankings
University of Dayton is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. Dayton holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- Dayton is the #1 Catholic school in the country for sponsored engineering research and development;
- University of Dayton has almost 11,000 total students;
- University of Dayton has partnerships with GE Aviation and Emerson, who built research facilities on campus;
- Dayton has a top 25 entrepreneurship program.
Dayton has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, Dayton has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- National University #127;
- Best Engineering Schools #47;
- Aerospace Engineering #53;
- Materials Engineering #82;
- Mechanical Engineering #104;
- Electrical Engineering #122;
As you can see, University of Dayton offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students, but a lot in the STEM fields of study. The above listed programs are only a sample of what Dayton has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at University of Dayton.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, University of Dayton has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. The average GPA at University of Dayton is 3.68.
- Some of the different programs and/or majors, especially the graduate programs, may require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- Some of the programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 80 with an IELTS of 6.5.
- The average ACT for entrants into University of Dayton is between a 24-29.
- The minimum GRE varies by program, so please check with your desired program for more information.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
If you’d like help with the admissions process, please email us at: email@example.com
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you based on your profile. Paid services that we provide include profile evaluation, statement of purpose essay editing and revision, and visa training. Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!