University of Utah International Student Profile
This is part of our series profiling different undergraduate and graduate degree programs and schools at U.S. universities for international students on an F1 Visa or J1 Visa. This week we profile University of Utah. If you are in need of admissions help, please email us at email@example.com or visit us at our website.
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, University of Utah is an excellent option for international students who wish to study abroad in the United States. University of Utah provides a unique setting for its students, providing a big city experience amongst the mountains. University of Utah is an excellent option for international students looking to study abroad in the United States. Utah hosts a significant number of international students, who collectively make up 4.5% of the student body.
Like most United States schools, the tuition at University of Utah can be expensive for international students. However, that should not deter you from applying if you want to attend Utah. If you need help funding your education, you should consider applying for international student loans to help fund your education abroad in the United States. The average tuition for undergraduate students is $29,215 and the cost for international graduate students is approximately $30,345, but ultimately depends on the program.
Demographics and Location
Salt Lake City, Utah has an estimated population 192,000 people, making it the largest city in Utah. Out of Salt Lake City’s population, about 4.4% of the residents are Asian. There are many job opportunities in Salt Lake City, and about 20% of the population holds a graduate degree. Employers tend to hire locally, so this is a great thing for students who wish to stay in the Utah/Southwest area post-graduation. Asian students make up about 6% of the population at University of Utah.
General Profile of Local Economy
Salt Lake City, Utah has surprisingly diverse job economy. Salt Lake City boasts a 39.9% rate of future job growth, which is above the national average. About 8.4% of the job economy works in the scientific, technical services, and professional job sector which is above the national average. Some fast-growing and large companies in Utah include Frito-Lay, SkyWest Airlines, and Autoliv. Last year, Utah sponsored over 3,000 work visas.
Facts and Rankings
University of Utah is a unique place to learn and grow for international students. Utah holds many rankings and unique facts which should appeal to international students. These include:
- University Utah is one of the best universities in the nation for creating startup companies;
- The university was founded in 1850, making it one of the older universities;
- University of Utah has over 30,000 student enrolled;
- Utah is in the top 10 states in the country for venture capital.
Utah has many unique facts and aspects to it. As you can see, Utah has a solid reputation in the United States, which should only add to its appeal to potential international students.
- Best Business School #54;
- Entrepreneurship #17;
- Best Engineering School #55;
- Computer Engineering #49;
- Nuclear Engineering #28;
- Computer Science #43;
- Mathematics #34.
As you can see, University of Utah offers a wide variety of programs in many different fields that would appeal to international students. The above listed programs are only a sample of what Utah has to offer. Check out the link provided above for a full list of academic programs offered at University of Utah.
Like all United States colleges and higher education programs, University of Utah has an application(s) that international students need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance. There are a number of different requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:
- Official transcripts reflecting graduation from a high school/secondary school/undergraduate program. They should be stamped and sealed, and if they are not in English, a certified literal English translation is required. The average GPA at University of Utah is 3.5;
- Some of the different programs and/or majors, especially the graduate programs, may require letters of recommendation. Please check with the specific program you wish to apply to in order to see how many are required of you.
- Some of the programs may also require a personal statement and resume.
- A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 80 with an IELTS of 6.5.
- The average ACT for entrants into University of Utah is between a 21-27
- The minimum GRE varies by program, so please check with your desired program for more information.
Please remember that these are general application requirements. The actual requirements for each program differs. Please check the requirements for each program by following the link provided above.
If you’d like help with the admissions process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to United States universities can be extremely stressful and difficult. Nomad Credit can help you determine a potential fit for you based on your profile. Paid services that we provide include profile evaluation, statement of purpose essay editing and revision, and visa training. Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you need help evaluating your profile? Fill out this form for help from Nomad Credit!